Nollywood Actress Ronke Oshodi Oke Accuses Daughter’s College of Negligence
In a video posted on her Instagram page, the actress narrated how she received a distress call three weeks ago at 3:45 am, informing her that her daughter in the university had been hospitalised after drinking hypo.
Upon arrival at the hospital, Oke found her daughter in distress. She suspected that her daughter’s friends or roommates might have tried to poison her by pouring hypo in her water bottle.
In her video, the Nollywood star explained that she had purchased a non-transparent water bottle for her daughter to use and that her daughter drank from it using a straw, which made it possible for her to be allegedly poisoned without her knowing it.
Although Oke did not disclose the name of the institution, she warned them not to harm her children and warned that she would not take it lightly if such an occurrence happened again.
Fans and colleagues are expressing their outrage over the incident and calling for the institution to investigate the matter and take appropriate action against those responsible.
A popular comedienne, Lizzy Jay wrote in response to the post: “Mummy please, this shouldn’t be taken lightly…this is an attempted murder and shouldn’t be taken lightly at all… there’s nothing like a second chance concerning [things] like this. The girls that did this should be brought to book.”
Iyabo Ojo also commented; “It’s a serious issue & should be taking (sic) up legally… I thank God for healing her. May we not cry over our children. ”
Another Yoruba Nollywood actress, Kemi Afolabi also wrote: “You finally got the courage to speak up. I’m practically shaking when I heard. May God keep protecting our children.”
Princess, a Nigerian comedienne also commented: “You have to mention the name of the school. There is nothing like a second chance because God forbid it might be fatal.”